A one-day Business forum on energy efficient and low-carbon solutions has been organized within the framework of the joint Project of UNDP/GEF and Ministry of Construction of the Republic of Uzbekistan “Market Transformation for Sustainable Rural Housing in Uzbekistan”.
The event showcased the EE and LC solutions available in the market by providing a platform for domestic manufacturers/suppliers, construction companies, commercial banks, design institutions and firms, as well as potential buyers of EE and LC houses to come together and discuss about the necessary measures to expand the available market solutions, accelerate the introduction of new EE and LC technologies, to exchange ideas and to establish networking among the relevant parties. Additionally, the forum will contribute to further increasing awareness about EE and LC solutions available in the market among experts, stakeholders and wider public.
The event will pursue the following objectives:
· Increase awareness of stakeholders, construction companies, design institutions, experts, regulators and wider public about the EE and LC solutions available in the market;
· Provision of a platform for domestic manufacturers/suppliers of EE and LC technologies and materials
- To express their views on market conditions and framework, on supply chain development and on introducing new solutions and technologies;
- To discuss the introduction and incorporation of EE and LC solutions in construction sector with building code developers, design and construction firms;
- To present/display EE and LC technologies available in the market at the mini exhibition.
· Increase awareness about green mortgage mechanisms and benefits of such bank product among population;
· Increase awareness about the newly developed designs and building codes on EE/LC houses;
· Increase awareness about territorial development of urban and rural settlements;
· Strengthen cooperation with key stakeholders.
150 participants are expected to participate at the event from the Ministries, organizations and regional government municipalities (Ministry of Construction, Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Economy and Industry, Ministry of Innovative Development, Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Housing and Communal Services of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Regional Khokimiats, design institute Qishloq Qurilish Loyiha, engineering company Qishloq Qurilish Invest, JSC Qishloq Qurilish Bank and other banks, domestic manufacturers/suppliers of EE and LC technologies, Design Institutions, Construction companies, Asian Development Bank, World Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, French Development Agency, NGOs, UNDP Projects in Uzbekistan.)
Business forum consists of two parts: The first part is a plenary session and the second is the thematic breakout sessions. The plenary session will be held in the conference hall for all participants. Breakout sessions will cover the 4 thematical areas: green mortgage, EE and LC technology supply chain development, building regulations and house designs and territorial development of urban and rural settlements.
Simultaneously, mini exhibition of EE/LC technologies and materials will be organized at equipped booths during the event.