Better Buildings, Cleaner Environment
The ‘Promoting Energy Efficiency in Public Buildings in Uzbekistan’ project, conducted since 2009 in partnership with the State Committee for Architecture and Construction of Uzbekistan (Gosarchitectstroy) institute, has worked ceaselessly to reduce both energy consumption and the associated greenhouse gas emissions of Uzbekistan’s public buildings.
This initiative is particularly important considering that Uzbekistan’s public buildings account for almost half of the country’s total energy consumption. In most cases this is due to the fact that building codes do not adhere to internationally-accepted energy efficiency requirements. The importance of ensuring that new buildings and buildings undergoing reconstruction are made energy efficient has been recognised.
- Due to the efforts of UNDP and its partners, energy-efficient technologies and features have been installed in public buildings throughout Uzbekistan.
- Such design features have helped to enhance the energy efficiency of public buildings, which currently are the biggest users in Uzbekistan, while helping to maintain a good international temperature for the people that use them.
The buildings that have received particular attention under the project include those in the education and healthcare sectors, such as schools and rural health clinics. Focusing on these buildings helps to demonstrate the advantages of integrated building designs, and to train local specialists in regards to the construction and maintenance of energy efficient buildings. It also supports national institutions in their work to improve building codes and standards.
The project has produced a number of important results, which have included the revision and submission of seven selected building codes to the Gosarchitectstroy for approval, the revision of two building codes and 53 new related terminologies, and the completion of four stages of energy monitoring in six example buildings. Other results have included the development of a guide to Integrated Building Design, and the co-financing of the design and construction of eight example buildings.
To further these results, training modules and programs regarding energy efficiency have been developed for architects, designers and energy managers. Cooperation has been established between the mass media, building owners, experts, and students of relevant higher education institutions, in an effort to raise awareness of the importance of energy efficiency and energy savings.
The members of the Project Board, and the representatives of the ministries of economy, public education, healthcare and higher education, have all had an opportunity to learn about these important project achievements in a report presented by the Project Manager Mr. Kakhramon Usmanov.
Mr. Jaco Cilliers, the UNDP Deputy Resident Representative, has stated that “This meeting is especially important, as it gives us the opportunity to discuss with our partners achievements made and plans for the future.”
It is the on-going collaboration of the many parties involved in this project that ensures that this important initiative can continue. Making the country more energy efficient is an important step on the road to bringing Uzbekistan into the 21st century.
UNDP Uzbekistan on Facebook
- Вот такие простые решения меняют жизни миллионов людей к лучшему! Этот парень изобрел детскую 5-размерную увеличивающуюся обувь для беднейших регионов планеты. На сегодняшний день в мире около 300 миллионов детей, у которых нет ни одной пары обуви. И намного больше тех, кому обувь давно мала. По всему миру существуют организации, собирающие пожертвования на обувь. Ежегодно они закупают миллионы пар самой простой и практичной обуви, но никакими силами им не справиться с быстрорастущими ногами детей. http://fit4brain.com/8369 3 hours ago
- Месячная стажировка для представителей бизнеса Если вы менеджер среднего или высшего звена управления в течение 2-лет в частной компании, где численность персонала от 5 до 250 человек, то у вас есть шанс пройти бесплатно стажировку в одной из компаний Европейского союза. Наш национальный партнер – ТПП – объявляет о наборе кандидатов для прохождения месячной стажировки в рамках проекта MTP, финансируемого Европейским Союзом. Торопитесь, прием документов продлится до 17 июня. Подробнее: http://chamber.uz/ru/news/552 4 hours ago
- "See more posts"UNDP Uzbekistan on Facebook