Business Forum of Uzbekistan - Phase I
Accelerated private sector development can make substantial contribution to sustainable economic growth, employment generation, provision of sustainable income sources and goods and services at lower prices. Thus private sector (especially SME) can foster poverty reduction and improvement of population’s living standards while forming the middle class - important factor of political stability and sustainable development. In order to achieve these effectively participation of private sector representatives in elaboration, implementation and monitoring of the national, regional and sector-specific development strategies and policies is needed.
The Uzbekistan Business Forum Project seeks to provide and maintain mechanisms for the private sector to actively participate in elaboration, implementation and monitoring of the national, regional, sector-specific development strategies and policies that should further strengthen sustainable development of the country.
A. Provision by the private sector of consolidated and well justified recommendations on national, regional, sector-specific development strategies and policies to the Government of Uzbekistan and other development stakeholders as well as participation in their realization and monitoring.
- Establishing the National Business Forum and ensuring its sustainable operations in order to create platform for constructive public-private dialogue;
- Elaborating, disseminating and promoting policy recommendations of private sector on various development strategies and policies in the forms of policy papers, minutes of the meetings, publications, etc. to ensure that consolidated business proposals are taken into consideration by policy makers;
- Elaborating, disseminating and promoting Public-Private Partnership Strategy (PPP) paper as well as preparing PPP framework projects, thus facilitating participation of private sector in implementation of development strategies and policies;
- Developing and promoting methodologies to monitor realization of national, regional and sector-specific development strategies by private sector that should facilitate better accountability, transparency and efficiency while implementing these strategies.
- Strengthening institutional capacities of the Chamber in establishment of the sectoral business associations through facilitating creation of Association of Exporters of Uzbekistan and ensuring its sustainable operations;
- Support the Chamber in establishing Enterprise Management Development Center for Uzbekistan with aim to build capacity of the private sector in the business development services provision;
- Strengthening institutional capacities of the Chamber to provide and promote particular policy recommendations through implementing policy advice activities related to creation of Techno-Parks.
- Project Start Date:
- September 2006
- Project End Date:
- December 2012
- Geographic Coverage:
- Focus Area:
- Economic Governance
- 1. Improve living standards and reduce malnutrition
- The Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Ministry of Economy and the Ministry Foreign Economic Relations, Investments and Trade
- Total Budget:
- USD 929,922.93