Sustainable natural resource and forest management in key mountainous areas important for globally significant biodiversity
The objective of the Project Preparation Grant is to develop a full-sized project “Sustainable natural resource and forest management in key mountainous areas important for globally significant biodiversity” that aims to demonstrate viability of landscape approach to conservation of internationally important biodiversity, land and forest resources in Uzbekistan’s Mountain Ecosystems in harmony with sustainable development of local communities.
- A number of baseline studies and stakeholder consultations undertaken;
- Opportunities and risks identified;
- Specific project pilot sites identified;
- Technical, institutional, and financial/investment capacities as well as monitoring and evaluation arrangements identified based on findings of stakeholder consultations conducted;
- Detailed analysis of the existing national, regional (sub-national) and local development strategies/ programmes/plans and appropriate policy and regulations conducted;
- A validation workshop gathered representatives from all relevant stakeholders to present, discuss and validate the final draft project document conducted;
- UNDP/GEF FSP Project Document developed and submitted for GEF CEO approval.
|Total Budget:||USD 185,000|