Public Administration Reforms and Digital Transformation
The Strategy for Actions on further development of Uzbekistan in 2017-2021 adopted by the Government on February 7, 2017, outlines five priority areas, including good governance, respect for the rule of law, liberalization of economy, strengthening civil society, and the implementation of balanced and constructive foreign relations. The reforms also introduced an improved dialogue mechanism between citizens and state agencies to ensure better accountability and transparency. Furthermore, the purpose of these reforms is to raise living standards of the population.
The project builds on success of previous initiatives by significantly expanding the scope of support within the implementation of key activities of the Action Strategy on Five Priority Areas of Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan for 2017-2021, e-Government master-plan for 2013-2020, and the Government decisions to develop IT Outsourcing capacity of Uzbekistan.
“Public Administration Reforms and Digital Transformation” is a joint project conducted by the Ministry for Development of Information Technologies and Communications of the Republic of Uzbekistan (Mininfocom) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). The overall goal of the project is to provide support to the Government in implementation of its national development agenda on PAR and Digital Transformation with the aim to deliver public services with greater accountability, transparency and responsiveness to citizen’s needs and ensure better access to legal information. In a parallel, the project will assist the Government in its strategy to increase the IT outsourcing capacity with the aim to create more job opportunities and increase the quality of life and living standards of the population of Uzbekistan.
The goal of the project will be achieved through the following activities:
- Assistance to support further reforms of public administration;
- Support in improving access to legal information and public services;
- Strengthening national capacities in the areas of Information and communications technology, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) and e-Government.
- Institutional support of the «Electronic Government» system development Center (e-Gov Center).
- Information and analytical support for improved public administration reform.
- Strengthening the capacities of Mininfocom and e-Gov Center in the area of public administration and E-government.
- Improving Lex.uz legal information portal.
- Designing e-services of the Uzarxiv Agency for the issuance of archival records.
- Improvement of the system for collecting and analyzing the statistics of electronic services and appeals.
- Implementation of a certification system for specialists in the area of e-Government.
- Promoting interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
- Strengthening national human and technical capacities in information technology and e-Government.
- Support for the export of high-tech products and information technology services.
|Total budget:||$ 1,200,000|